Sunday, August 3, 2008

An Answer to Prayer


So this week is good. My companions name is Heubcsh. He is on splits right now cause he needs to register in the immigration office again. So I dont know his parents names. All I remember is he lives near the 17 and Northern (that's like where the DI is). Well things are all fine and dandy in young-Do. The only problem is that we dont have too many investigators left over after we killed English. Haha. But it is OK. we will find some. there is a lot of potential in this city. Thanks goes out to everyone to helped with the "bike-fund". And like you already know, I am out of the area. But thanks. I think I could use it to get that electronic dictionary. Those things run pretty high. It feels a little akward that I recieved all this money all of a sudden, But again thank you. Well I have to admit, there were a lot of things that changed once I transfered. And not having a lot of teaching and a lot of rejection was a bit to adjust too. But I know that God is in the work. And even some dont accept you or the message, It doesn't make it any less true. The other day, I was feeling a little down, but I prayed, and felt really good again. I prayed to find. I prayed for a little miracle. we went back out for work, and I saw this one guy on the side of the street. But the spirit picked him out from the crowd. For some reason, I really felt like I should talk to him. I said to my companion "hey, lets go talk to that guy!" He just said "go ahead." Looks like I'm flying Solo on this one. (well, that's not true, the spirit was there) So I just started talking to him. We just kinda chatted until the end when I handed him a BOM pass-along card. He was really accepting! Not only of a foreigner like me, but also of the gospel and of the work. It was really cool. I dont know what will happen to that guy, but it was definately an answer to my prayers. He was one of the most accepting people I've met, and the spirit pointed him out.
Love you lots!
Elder Shumway

No comments: