Sunday, August 17, 2008

6 Months Already!!!

Well Family,
It has been a great day in the beautiful Yeoung- Do. Well I dont really know where to start.
1. Last P-day was pretty cool. I dont remember what we did but it was fun... I am pretty sure.
2. Then on wednesday, it was my 6 month mark! we had a district meeting. It was good and fun!
3. Well on Thurday, we had interviews with president. Man I love that Guy! He has a lot of changes in the mission! It should be exciting! After, we had lunch and went to get Ice cream. It was pretty cool. We also met a couple of really cool guys. I think both can turn into investigators. We just have to approach things in the right way. They are pretty old and one doesn't really understand us that well. Haha.
4. Friday, wehad a big ward picknic. It was pretty cool. So we showed up to the meeting place and we went down to our spot. And... Lo and Behold, They chose a swimming pool! To make a long story short, we did a lot of sitting Korean-style of course, (otherwise known as Indian-Style). I had made the mistake of assuming that I didnt need sunscreen that day. And well. . . Well, well, well... I've never blistered on my knees before...Haha just kidding. It wasnt that bad. But I did did a little red. Nothing bad though. After that, we went and visited this inactive family. They were way cool and let us in. We talked for a bit, shared a message, and they came to church.
5. On saturday, we met those two old guys we found and continued our discussions. I think we will refer one to the sister missionaries (they're Korean and can communicate a lot better than us). But the other one said he would come to church on the 31st! After that, we didnt know what to do. We had a few options and we decided to visit some people that expressed a little interest in this one apt. SO we visited like 5 doors, and they either didn't answer or weren't home. But the last door was this like 23 year old awesome kid. And he was home. He let us in. He told us that his family is really buddist and doesnt like missionaries. But After we first met him (a couple weeks ago) he has been talking about us to his family about us and saying how cool and awesome we are. So he let us in. It turns out that lately, a lot of tough things have happened since we met him. His Grandmother has cancer, he got food poisoning, he lost his cell phone and so he cant call any of his close friends or anything (cell phones are pretty important in Korea). We shared alma 7:11-12. He really like it. And he said he'd meet us at church the next day!
6. Sunday, we had a great meeting with that kid. He is so humble. He said that for the past day, he has been thinking about that scripture we shared with him. Sometime this week we will go to the hospital with him.

Well, yes I got the package, thank you. We have already used the frisbee once or twice. Flies great!
As for music, I have to admit that it can get tough here in Korea. They have some pretty good techno. haha. I first I was struggling to not think of music. I always had some kind of beat in my head. It took a while, but I think I've got it under control. :-) I still have a beat in my head but it stays pretty mission- standardy. Like "come thou Fount" or something.
Stay pretty!
Keep the faith!
Stay righteous!
Love ya's!
Elder Shumway

No comments: