Sunday, July 27, 2008

New Area

What's up Fam! So yeah, I'm with Huebschy right now. He's super cool! Actually it turns out he is also from Phoenix, AZ. But I hadn't seen him at all before. Unusual coincidence, eh? But yeah, he's tight. and he is pretty funny too. Question time! ... or not really a question but more of a request...Request time! I bet you would probably rather it be question time than Request time. Questions are a lot easier to answer... okay, okay, I'll try and make it into a question...
Question time! So my companion and I live in an apartment overlooking a bay? And it so happens that I was looking outside and there was a slight breeze? I started humming the song from the christopher columbus animated stories, "the wind's blowin' my way"? anyway, I was wondering if you ever saw a cd with any of those animated stories songs, could you please send it? Also, (and more prioritaly(if that's a word), is the new EFY CD)!...? I really want that baby? Anyway, if you could do that, that would be awesome? I dont know if anyone decided to go to EFY this year, but nevertheless, I really want that CD? Thanks?
Statement time! Or the reat of the letter...young-Do is a neat area. I like it. There are soo many people and so many that are ready for the gospel. It will be sweet! We are working pretty hard. You know how I told you we would teach English to investigators? Well, for a while, I have really not liked it. It takes a lot of time and some of the investigators you get are not at all interested in the gospel. The progress really slow and you can tell that they only "play along" just for the Free English. We would teach English for half an hour and then gospel for the last half. And depending on who you're with, sometimes it feels like the Gospel is taking the back seat. Anyway, I've always been a little critical of the English/ Gospel program for a while now. Yeah it can bring some good investigators, but you have to spend time with some of the not interested ones as well. But there's good news. Our new mission president just this past week told us to cancel the program mission-wide. We can have a weekly English class, but no one-on-one English Gospel appointments! So I am pretty excited about that. And my companion is too. A lot of missionaries dont like it because that's all they have done, but We're pretty excited! I trhink this is the first time a mission in Korea didn't prosylyte through English. More news to follow...Anyway, it's good. We have lots of time to procylyte and we are in a good area with lots of potential.
Love you all,
Elder Shumway

So I almost forgot. I found out my suitcase isnt as durable as I wouldve hoped. Haha. We traveled a lot and I had to drag this sucker all the way. Haha. It was ok though. I will see if it is fixable. and the other pictures are of the veiw from our apartment.


1 comment:

Carolyn Howell said...

Hi. Just spent some time playing catch up on the blog. Thought I'd thank you for posting for LeGrand.

Looking back on a reference regarding a great BYU choir CD...We were blessed to have them perform live for us while in the MTC just before Christmas '06. They are GOOD! xoxo