Sunday, July 20, 2008

First Transfer


Hi family!
Today is transfer Day! And guess what?! I am being transfered! Everyone thought that I would stay and lead Gumi but nope! I am leaving. I am writing to you from Young-Do. it is actually and island off of the coast of Busan. technically it is an island, but it isnt very far away. ANyway, I am really excited about it. I have my first American companion in the feild. They are pretty common but It is a little exciting none the less. His name is Elder Hebsch. (Yeah, a little weird spelling). But he's cool! I'll send some pictures later.
Right now I am sending you a few pictures from last P-Day. It was pretty sweet. This is in Kimchon. Actually FYI, this transfer was really weird. There were a lot of new changes that have never happened before. There were quite a few areas that were "white-washed" and there were wierd things that happened all over the place. But now I am on an island. When I got my transfer call, the AP told me, "you're going to a beautiful island". I automatically thought of Che-Ju-Do, the island that everyone considers "paradise". then he said,"...but not Che-Ju-Do". It was kinda funny. But this next transfer looks cool. I am pretty stoked!! :-)
Thanks for all your prayers! I haven't gotten the package yet, But It should probably come by next week. It was good to get your letters. These pictures are of "the beach of Kimchon". Its just a big river bottom. but we took some sweet pictures there. it was fun. In the video, I am trying to skip a rock.



So anyway, things are really crackin' over here in Korea. I like it! The language is still way tough and I can't wait till I can speak it like some of these other missionaries! Some of them are way good! It's exciting! I do my best to do my part and hope that the Lord will make up the rest!


It was pretty cool, because while I was packing and stuff, I was listening to my BYU choir CD! (Awesome cd, and I haden't pulled it out in forever!) But I was listening and just thinking and It started playing track 4 ( I think) "this is the christ". And while I was listening, things just started flooding over me. This is the Christ. This is His work. I really listened to the words and I thought of those in the Book of Mormon, who really saw him. And What they must have thought when they felt the marks upon him, and the wounds that were borne in behalf of them. thinking back to myself, I realize that before his name was engraven upon my Nametag, I was engraven upon His hands.


I'm in good hands.


Love you all! Peace out, Homies! Elder Shumway

No comments: