Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Independence Day!



Today we emailed LeGrand at the same time he emailed us. So we have a few here to share with you.

Alright family!

It has been a great two weeks since the last time I wrote to you! Last P-Day, We went to Busan because our mission president was leaving. There were a lot of missionaries that decided to gather at the train station and say one last goodbye to President. So we had to take the two hour trip down to Busan. It was really cool. We surprised him as he turned the corner to go to the platform and broke out with a hymn "Each life that touches ours for good". It was really cool. But as you can tell, we didn't e mail.
Today, we have a lot of shopping to do in another city so we are getting a head start on the day.I ate Dog! it was pretty good. not SUPER good, but good. I have some pictures. There was one part that wan't so good though. It was like a big fat block that looked like the ear but might have been skin or something! Yuck! But I downed it so i could say I finished the whole soup. But the rest was good!
The new mission president is really cool. Him and his wife are really funny and are excited for the work. I think it will be good to have them.

(Next email)
Hey I just got your letter!
Alright, so this last week i feel like I have been truly blessed. I finally decided that instead of relying on some really hard praying and a lot of waiting for the Gift of Tongues, I decided that I would instead just work at it and see what happens. it seems like that is what i should have done the whole time. Don't get me wrong, I am always working hard for the language, but I finally decided to work at it with full vigor. 110%. Every spare minute is study time. Memorize vocab and such. And since i really stretched out and really showed that i wanted it, the blessings have come. And I have seen them. These last couple weeks, my learning has accelerated and my mind has truly been quickened. I can understand people so much more now. And they can understand me better as well. But it still isn't anywhere close to where it should be... Got to pick up any extra slack and work even harder. I really think blessings and work/ desire are proportional to each other.Anything you want, you have to work for.
Yes I got Sarah's letter. it got here just fine. I will reply shortly.
Wow. that's a lot of news! I will respond next week.
Tell Bryndan I am mailing a letter today. And to not expect it for another week or so. Things have been pretty hectic on P days here you see...I will make a video but send it next time. I will respond to everything next week.

Love you,
LeGrand

(Next Message)
Gold leader, signing off---(wow that's dorky)Haha

No comments: