Monday, June 23, 2008

Father's Day!!

Wow!
Looks like you have a lot of stuf going on at home! If you keep it up, I'll always have really exciting P-Days! ...But, on the other hand, if things keep changing this fast, Caleb will be married, You will live in Utah, The Cats will gow two heads, and Dallen will have become a mountain man (hunting Gorillas, Raccoons, and stuff). Actually all of those sound really cool except the first one! :-) (PS- if one of the cats does grow two heads, keep it until I get back)... Such tales bring an all-to-familair song to mind....

SO HAPPY FATHER'S DAY DAD! You're the BEST dad! Sorry, but I didn't send any package or anything your way. (insufficient funds) But I will make sure to hit you extra hard when Dec 8 rolls around (Gosh, I hope that's right). But the date doesn't really matter. I cant time these things very well anyway... But Know that I really love you and the example you have set for me. Not everyone has been as lucky as I have.

I bet Girls' Camp was a lot of fun! I didn't have to read very far to know that Mom was not the author. But thanks Bro for sending that to me! Love ya man! (PS- you're dating too hard) As for my password.... I'll never tell! Wah haha! Just kidding, It's in a letter I mailed on Wednesday. you should get it soon.

Spencer just got my letter! Finally! I figured he just forgot about me. HaHa, just kidding.

That's awesome that Ashlee accepted the missionaries! I hope everything goes well! I'll send a letter to her soon!

As for Korea, Yoon sang mee (however i spelled it) Is going to China for a couple months. Her sister lives there and she will come back after the Olympics. So things will have to wait util she gets back. I am with the same companion. We think this next transfer he will go and I will stay (we dont REALLY know. but that seems to be the typical pattern in the mission. we'll see...) Whoever stays might be able to see her when she gets back. She comes back about 3-5 days before a transfer date. We extended baptism a bunch of times but she says she needs more time. Im Jee hoon (i dont know how I spelled it) has gotten more busy as time goes on, we have met a few more times but his progress is slow. Keep praying for him and pray that we will find more people that are really ready to hear the gospel. (I think there are many that are mainly interestest in just learning English).
But other that that, things are going really good! I started a "40-day fast" which is a fast from anything that gets in you way as a missionary. Some of it is more physical (such as "being tired") but most is your mental focus. It has proven to be very difficult so far. But The end result is theoretically, a more purified-from-the-world missionary and a deeper commitment to the work. So we'll see how it turns out. :-)

Well, that's all for today. We have some shopping to do and a few errends to run. Tonight we (my companion and I) are organizing a ward home Evening. So I have to prepare for my 5-minute talk. (if it was English, i dont think i'd give hardly any thought until I was up on the stand. but its not. And I am no master at Korean)

Thank you. I love you so much!
Happy Father's Day, Dad!

Elder S

1 comment:

Carolyn Howell said...

Thank you Elder Shumway for writing such fine and noteworthy emails (and to Cecile whom I suspect is responsible for adding them to this blog page). Someone should teach me how to finesse my blog to keep it cool, yet spicy.

We are loving life in the mission. Last mission conference we had a surprise visit from President Uchtdorf, in the city on vacation with his twin grandsons. They (the grandsons) enter the MTC in August enroute to separate missions in Taiwan.

Love you, Aunt Carolyn