Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Transfers!

Hi Family.Sorry I didn't Email last week. We went to the mission headquarters to "drop off some books". HaHa. Me and my companion went to a nearby printing shop and had about 80 PMGs (Preach My Gospel: A guide to missionary service) made. But we made them super small. like a fourth of a normal PMG. Talk about black market quality! Now these babies are portable. The only problem is they are not in color except the cover. But they are pretty sweet nonetheless!
Anyway, I say "drop off some books" because that was kind of the excuse to make the trip down to the mission office on transfer day. Transfer Day!!! What!? What!? Did you say, "Transfer Day"? Already! But you just started your mission young lad ( and fat lad, (and ugly lad))... Yes, I jolly well know, but the 6 weeks are up and it is time for your first transfer in the field.

The good news is, i am staying with my companion ( my "papa", if you will) That is kinda that nickname for trainer over here. Any way, no transfers for us, actually none for our whole district... But there were a couple of Elders "dying" that he wanted to see. (more mission lingo: "dying" means going home).
And i also found out that when I die, I will either die 3 weeks before or after the start of my mission (Late Jan, 2010 or Early April, 2010) Since I was in the MTC for 12 weeks instead of nine like Caleb, I have 3 weeks that can fly either way. We'll see when we get there.
Maybe you understand that last paragraph, maybe not. Either way, I am moving on. We can talk about that later.

also, I realized I will have my "Golden Birthday" 2 times. Since I am technically 21 right now in Korea, my next birthday will be "golden" and when I come home, I will be 21 again and the next birthday after that will also be "golden".

Anyway, I am super excited to Email today! We had that trip last week. The train ride was 2 hours each way and we spent some time with the Elders at the mission home. (HaHa i realized that I used 3 words to describe the mission home (home, office, headquarters)) I say some friends from the MTC. That was really cool! Because of transfers, the mission held all packages and letters. So I picked up the package (thank you!) at the mission home, but I got your letter just today. (looks like stamps went up 3 cents). Since we ran out of time, I've been anticipating Email ever since then. I spoke during church and while i was speaking, I realized I would be Emailing in 24 hours. it was exciting....
Any way... HaHa. Happy birthday Kendric! Looks like you were caught unprepared and underdressed! [Sidenote: We had Kendric's surprise 16th birthday party early in the morning on Monday the 9th. All his friends were hiding in the basement and he got tricked into walking down there. He had just woken up and he usually sleeps in his undies, so he was quite surprised!)
The Cats sound Awesome. And I really enjoyed the letters and all the info on the latest stuff that's happened with the family. Thank you!
Love you lots!
Elder Shumway

No comments: