Sunday, July 13, 2008

Ba Bamp!

Today we were able to have an email conversation with LeGrand once again! We happened to be emailing each other at the same time. Here are some highlights.

Alright, I am on the computer for a while and I am not really planning to go anywhere..

Today I am actually coming to you from a nearby city called Kimchon. We have two companionships in our district and we do splits quite often.Anyway, to make a long story storter, One of the Elders in Kimchon found out that his sister died just last week. He was given the advice to just take it easy for the next week or two until he heals from this tragedy and can start working with full force again. Our house in Gumi has AC but the one in Kimchon does not. We have been doing splits for almost a week now, but anyway, this was President's advice to us.



It gets a bit "lainy" around here. And yes, I still love it. They tell me the weather is taking a break for a while and then hopefully we'll see some good flooding. Tell Sister Turville hi for me, and tell here I've learned to use chopsticks pretty well. :-)Wow! That's great. Kendric is working already! Does Jordan work? Probably not. Haha. I remember when I applied at Johnny Rockets and they pretty much just threw my application away. Haha yeah I dont do well when it comes to those "typical jobs" All of my jobs have come from people I knew. Those scout camp pictures were really cool! I enjoyed them. Looks like you went to a pretty cool spot this year. haha. I wish I could've seen Dallen catch a fish!...well looks like you can type a hecka lot faster that I can! hunt and peck, Hunt and peck...

Tell Ethan to send me a letter. (I hope you read this Ethan)



Thanks for the recipe! Most of the houses have stoves AND ovens, but our house in Gumi is a bit Ghetto and only has a stove. But it has AC!Yes, I am living in Kimchon right now. But I didn't move here. Just brought enough clothes to last a few days.earlier, you asked about a dictionary. Right now I have a small book dictionary that I really like. They give them to all Korean speaking missionaries when they enter the MTC. So for a While I will hold on to that one. But later, I want to get an electronic one. They are a bit pricy (like around $200). So just make sure there is some money in my account when I decide to go after one. It will probably not be for a couple more months.

We are teaching Kim-gyung-ho. He is this really cool guy in Kimchon that came to church, is really progressing, loves English, and really wants to go to BYU ID in 2009. But pray that he will gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon....

Our bikes got stolen but I dont think we'll ever find them. I plan on buying a couple new bikes. I can save up on some MSF and the mission will refund me 50%. And when I leave Gumi, the bikes will stay there. But in the longrun, it will save on cab-fare, be good excercise, and help out the next missionaries. ;-) But I was looking around, and we will probably not get some with shocks. If we do, we need to find a place that will sell 'em cheap. No Thrift stores in Korea . :-(....So how's that band coming? (Caleb, Jordan, Kendric, and Kevin Pooley have started a band! Mainly just for fun. They plan on making their debut after institute on August 5th. So look out!)I'm not sure what to expect. If it's good, go for it. It'll be fun. But I am also thinking, "where in Davey Jones did this Idea come from?!" But keep me posted. It sounds exciting!

Don't worry about money for the bikes. it's covered. I have been depriving myself of some of the more luxury items (aloe vera juice, melon bars, etc). If I was buying it for myself, I would need money but since it isn't for me, I am just saving.

haha. well now that I've heard from all of you, I think I will stop writing. It's been fun! My companion is still typing away, (he's a popular guy) and I will be sitting by the computer for a while but probably not typing. This new mission President is really awesome. We had interviews this last week and I can really feel his spirit. At the end, we all gathered around to give a blessing to the Elder whose Sister just passed away. I dont remember excacly what was said, but I remember that the spirit was there. And as our mission President was pronouncing the blessing, I can truly say that he was called of God and had the Spirit with him. These next two years will be really good! Our mission is in good hands.



I've been reading a lot from the Book of Mormon. The closer you read and the more focused you are makes all the difference. I read a scripture that I really liked this morning. I don't have my english scriptures with me but I memorized the verse since I really love it! 2 NEPHI 33:6 "I glory in plainness; I glory in my Jesus, for he hath redeemed my soul from hell." It's so true! Truth is simple. The way it is, is the way it is. Satan is the one who works in darkness. And Jesus Christ paved the way for all of us. He has saved every soul from Hell. I know that this gospel is true and it leads to true Happiness!

Thanks so much! Thanks for all the pictures, emails, and support! Love you all!

Elder LeGrand Shumway

No comments: