Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Dinner!

Hi family
How are you? I am good. we actually had a thanksgiving dinner as a district. It was really good. I sent you some pictures of a "squatter" as us missionaries call them. It was actually my first time using one. And will probably be my last. Almost all the bathrooms in Korea have become a little more westernized. So they all put in the regular ones. It reminded me of camping... I'll just leave it at that. :-)
I dont really have any super news. The Asian Studies professor from BYU came and talked to us as missionaries. He is a friend of the mission president (they served together in Korea a while back) And also a former mission president of Our mission. He talked about the different religions of korea and how we can connect with them and use them as a springboard to the gospel. It was really good. He is a really intelligent guy. he was using a white board and started writing some chinese characters and all the Koreans in the room just gasped.
Do you think you can send some UNO cards? Its a good way to build some friendships with some of the kids here. But neither me or my companion have some. And as for Christmas, maybe send a gift or something for my companion. He is american and his family normally does pretty well with packages. So maybe just a small gift or something. That would be great.
Love you all! I gotta go! Elder Shumway

No comments: