Sunday, November 16, 2008

Splits


Hi family.
Well sounds like you have some good news over in Arizona. Wow, a dog! We've never had one of those! Sounds great! Well this week was really good. I went on splits with our zone leader and I really learned a lot. This Elder is a great missionary and works really hard. He taught me a lot about making every moment count and how there are people all around you that you can talk to. It was really fun, and I think it lit a little more fire in my to do the work. We split back on Sunday morning and had an amazing day putting what we (me and my companion) learned during splits. It was a good Sunday.We also did some group proselyting that was a lot of fun earlier on in the week.Well, you bought a puppy, and I bought a hard drive. It was at a really good deal. And with the exchange rate right now it is even cheaper over here.
So we were riding the bus one day and I sat strategically beside a university student and started talking about the book he was reading. We started talking about the gospel. He said he was going to Go Sheen University (which is a religious university that is known among missionaries as one that really doesn't really like us). This young lad was actually studying to be a pastor or minister. He was really cool and We talked about the Book of Mormon. Surprisingly, he was really nice and open. I offered him the Mook of Mormon and he was like "wow! really?! Thank you!" He said we couldn't meet because of the hatred toward the church in his school, but he said he would read it and was really enthusiastic about it.
I love the gospel!
I love you!
-Elder Shumway

No comments: