Sunday, November 23, 2008

BYU, Christmas, Exchange Rate, Investigators, Oh Yeah, and a Baptism!

Hi family.
Well that is sad news to hear that BYU lost. good thing I did remember the kleenex! :-) That was a close one! So I actually didn't get transfered! I am kinda excited. It shouldd be fun. As for us and investigators, we only have a couple. It can get frustrating but we're keepin' the peace. :-) Just pray really hard for the people of Korea to open up to the gospel.
As for Christmas, I really dont care. It would be nice to withdraw some money out while the exchange rate is really good right now. like 1 USD for 1.8 Korean Won. so it would be nice to spend some while the money is cheap. I might take a little today out. I hope that is OK. The only other thing I think would be nice is a copy of the new EFY CD. As far as thanksgiving. I dont even know if they grow turkeys in Korea. The word on the street is you have to get them for like $70. So I dont think turkey is really in season right now. maybe in a couple years. But there aren't really any plans at all. just missionary work. We might eat lunch with our district or something. Yeah but just praY for the people here to recieve the gospel. We have a couple investigators here but they are really slow on progressing. It would be nice to teach someone who is just really prepared. So keep it in your prayers and we'll keep workin' out here! :-)
Oh! So yesterday the sister missionaries had a baptism. (a 9 year old niece of a member) And I was actually given the opportunity to preform the baptism! It was nice. Well, I love you all. I dont have much time.
keep praying hard!- Elder Shumway

No comments: