Sunday, November 9, 2008

New Investigator!

Hi ya family!
Well, I dont have much time. (again). Well I am good. And alive. (alive is good)
It is a bit sad because I have one of my best friends in the mission going home in a couple weeks. (right now he's our Distric leader). But I am doing well. We've had a bit of rain here which is always good. But over here the rain is COLD. So it isn't nearly as pleasant as Arizona rain. I never thought I'd ever use an umbrella, but I've started carrying one around.
The other day we ran into this drunk guy that wanted us to teach him english. We told him to give us his address and we would come by and talk sometime. He said to come later because he "ate a lot of alchohol" and we were more than fine with that. We came by his house a few days ago and told him that we wouldn't teach him english one on one, but he could come to our English Class. He agreed and then said "so how is your church different?" One thing led to another and now we are teaching him the gospel and he is a new investigator... Well, The Lord works in mysterious ways! Can't wait till we get to the Word of Wisdom~! That should be fun. :-)
Gotta go. Love you all lots.
Keep prayin' Elder Shumway

No comments: