Sunday, December 7, 2008

Snow in Busan!

Hi family.
Well there is one picture of the baptism. but I am not in white like the pictures you normally see from baptisms. Probably cause it actually wasn't our investigator and there wasn't a lot of priority. sorry. but I can get you the picture of the group later. At least the one being baptised is in white.
well there is news about christmas. It looks like we will call on christmas here meaning it will be christmas eve there. so... yeah. that's what's going down. I want to see if I can get a card here first cause that will be easier. they aren't giving us cards this year. anyway. I will keep you posted on that.
Things are good here! Im holding up pretty well. On saturday we got a phone call from a girl speaking English and she said she wanted to come to church. She is from mongolia, only 10 days younger than me, and doesn't speak Korean at all. But luckily she was pretty good at English! She is the only member of her family and has been living on Yeoung-Do for a couple months already. She aparently has been trying to find the church for a while now and through a lot of phone calling, finally got our phone number. She came to church and it was really cool. It totally made our week. We had to translate. That was fun! And really hard! I tell you what... Nothing really lets you see how much you dont know than when you have to try and translate. I started, but gave up. And my companion took over. But he had a really hard time with it too. We ended up just giving up on the "direct translating" and doing more of a "So this is what they basically said.."-type of aproach. Yeah it was hard. But I think if I start translating to myself, I can use it in a good way to improve my Korean. I learned a lot just by trying to translate. But it was really cool to have her there. She even bore her testimony and my companion went up to translate for her. It was really good. she sat down and my companion bore a short testimony. And I translated back to English what he bore in Korean. Missionary Korean is a lot easier to translate that Korean Korean. Sadly, she is heading up to Gumi to see some relatives on Friday so I dont know if we will ever see her again. But we already gave her the number of the missionaries there, so it should be a smooth transition.
Well, I gotta go. Have a merry Christmas!
Love, Elder shumway
Oh, We also saw a little snow this week. not enough to stick to the ground but it was cool to see. It almost never snows in Busan area (so I hear)

No comments: