Sunday, December 21, 2008

Korean Christmas

hi Family!
I would first like to give a shout out to Daddy-o and commend him on his 51st birthday! wow, you're still ahead of all of us. I get one year closer to you every October and just when I think I might have a chance to pick up the pace and catch up to you, you always seem to pull ahead... well maybe things will be different next year...
I am sorry I didnt write anything in a letter yet. To tell you the truth, I wrote a handwritten letter two weeks ago and just barely a few days ago, sent it off. sorry I have not mentioned anything in the actual e mail. It has been a pretty good christmas season so far. we went caroling to some members and made christmas cards for them. It was pretty good. We are doing an actual Christmas party for our ward tonight and I am doing a dance to jingle bells with some other missionaries. and me and my companion are singing "silent night" with a some single adults in our ward. I, of course, am tenor. But I have to say, it doesnt quite sound as fluid as our family's rendition of "Silent night". It'll be fun though. I'm excited.Christmas is actually pretty widely celebrated here. There are a lot of Christians here. In fact, last night we were knockin on some doors and saying Merry Christmas as our introduction. It was really cool because we started and the first door we knocked on a lady came out, talked to us for a bit, was really nice, but then left us and went back inside. But the second door we knocked on was a family that was just like "yeah, yeah, come on in!" And they proceded to give us some bread and juice. We talked with them for a good amount of time. We shared the 1st vision and the spirit could be felt. it was a good lesson and we gave them a book of mormon.But yeah, christmas is here too and it can lighten people up just like in America if you smile and wish them a merry Christmas.
No package yet. thanks for it in advance though...
I know how it feels to have those sprained ankles. Looks like Kendric got a better story to tell though. I bet it got some high fives and pats on the bum from teammates. :-) Hey maybe even coach Soto gave you a pat on the bum too. If not, pat yourself on the bum for doing a good job. And give yourself a wet-willie for me, would ya. :-) I only have potholes and dodgeball to blame for some of my bad sprains.
OK I will call the day after Christmas here and that will be christmas night in America. I will call sometime between 7-9AM (Korean time) I think that puts you at what... 3-5PM on christmas (Arizona time). is that ok?
Keep praying for pak- gun. he's a good guy.
Love you,
Talk to you on Christmas!
Elder Shumway

No comments: