Sunday, December 14, 2008

Scrooge


well family,
This week was a bit better than last week.It started off with a really good zone conference. Our president wanted to do something special for the christmas season so we went to a really good resturaunt, had some really great talks prepared by other missionaries, and watched a movie. We actually watched Scrooge! It brought back a lot of memories. Singing "hark the Herald" in English accents, calling people "crums of musterd" and "old potatoes", and of course, the ending where he has that change of heart and blesses all those around him. It was really good to see and it calmed a lot of stress and brightened my day.
This last week we set up the christmas tree at the church. It needed some repairing as well (just like when we used to have our "annual repairing of the tree" festivities back in Arizona) People were complimenting me on how well I did in repairing the tree and making it look nice. I have to thank you guys for all the years of practice in refining this talent. It's nice to know "christmas tree repairing" is a valued talent to the people of korea. :-)
so as for calling on christmas, would it be better to call on christmas night arizona time? We are told to call at the convinience of the family, and I know our family is always really busy on Christmas Eve. Or have you already made arrangements for that since I last emailed. let me know. Yes, I baught a phone card. no worries there.
Also, some new news... if or when I go to a biking area, I will need to buy an actual bike. So is that bike fund still there? They were having a problem with expenses, people not treating the bikes well, and whatnot...
We are still trying to meet with "pak- gun" (he's kindof a mix between 2-PAK and tommy-GUN) :-o he is a college kid that is pretty busy and pretty cool. We have really seen the hand of the Lord in meeting him and how his Buddist kindof antichurch parents have opened up to us. Now we need to start focusing on the message. We have become pretty good friends and want to help him. And knowing that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the most beneficial and happiness- instilling thing in the universe, It appears to us that that would be the next step.
Well I love you all, I gotta run
Pray for Pak-Gun
Love you, Elder Shumway

No comments: