Sunday, October 5, 2008

General Conference

Hi Family,
Well, if I do say so myself, Jordan's spained pinky was a bit funny, especially the way Jordan told it. Thanks for the letter Bro! I got to go so I'll make this fast! So down in Yeoung Do, it is going pretty good. we had a big stake activity. It was a lot of fun. I realized that there are a lot more members in the Busan area than I thought. I played soccer for the first time in a long long time. Yep, I still stink. But this time it was worse. I ran a lot, that was refreshing.
We came home, my companion did 2 baptismal interviews ( there were 2 kids baptized on Sunday (not our investigators)). So this week was pretty good. We had a great lesson with one of our investigators. He knows what he needs to do, it is just a matter of time until he gets the courage to be baptized (for him, it would mean turning away from a lot of things). So pray for him. Kim-Teh-Won. Other than that, We have met a few really cool people and they might turn into investigators. It is pretty exciting. My companion is really awesome. I have been with him for two transfers so far, but transfer calls are Friday, And we think one of us will go. But we'll find out then... I hope you had a really good conference! We see it this week, it needs to be translated first. I am pretty excited. As far as my birthday, whatever. The EFY CD would be nice. And maybe another block of that Cedder and Pepperjack cheese. That was really good. Love you lots Elder Shumway
PS- Dad had that really awesome book about... the doctrine and covenents?... I am not sure. its the one that talks about the second coming and how everything plays out... do you know what I'm talking about? Well, If you could somehow get a copy and send it really slow, cheaply to korea (like by boat or something) that would be really cool.

Thanks!

No comments: