Sunday, September 28, 2008

"I Love the Gospel! I know it's true."

Hi.

Well thank you for the package! It was a really nice surprise! So far I have really anticipated the packages, and so far you are doing a really good job. Thanks again for this last one! So I finally got my dictionary. And if you look at the account, I made the withdrawal. I took out 200000 won. which is about $200. but let me know what the account says. when you take into account the exchange rate and fees and the price of the dollar, it changes. Let me know what it Actually took out in american Dollars. As far as the dictionary, it is really cool! It has a really nice setup and is pretty "top-of the line" when it comes to dictionaries. And I bought it off of another missionary for a really good deal. Thanks.

So, this week went really well. we met a few new people and we think they are ready for the restored gospel. We are still trying to do a lot of this inactive work. Our mission President pretty much told us that he really wants us to focus on raising the wards up. There are a lot of details about how and why. But the long end of the short of it is that there are so many inactives and so many people that embrace the gospel and fall away. His goal is to raise the wards, to build them up and get them to trust the missionaries a lot so that they get excited about missionary work, about this church, and about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We want to build that atmosphere where those who are new converts, can find so much strength and really feel the friendship of the ward; this is something that has been desperately needed in the wards of the Busan Mission. It is a little different and we are still a little unsure of the best way to approach this phase of missionary work...I love the gospel! I know its true.
The atonement is real!
Always share it!
Love you.Elder Shumway

(I am happy that Greg and Michelle got married. That must have been really cool! I know they are both really happy! But the news of Scott Fleming's death is really sad... And Grandma in the hospital isn't good either.)

1 comment:

Carolyn Howell said...

We love and appreciate you LeGrand. You are amazing! xoxo