Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Choo-Suk!!!


Hi family.

So there is a holiday in Korea called (choo-suk). Anyway as far as holidays, this is the big one in Korea. It's pretty big. It started on Saturday and Ended on Monday night. But it was fun. As far as missionary work though, it really cuts into it. You cant really go procelyting because everyone is inside celebrating with their families. And if you do, they would just come to the door and be like " hey, what are you doing? it's (choo-suk). go away." They suggested that we use this time with the members and try and build our relationships with them. So on Saturday, we went over to this member's house that is really lonely ( her husband abandoned her, she has 1 daughter, and no real relatives.) And we spent Saturday just preparing traditional Korean Food with her. It was a good experience.

On sunday, we tried to find where some less actives live through a map at the church. We had a really short meeting and spent the rest of the day with members. It was good. But here's the killer... We got a full P-Day on Monday. Nothing was open, so we didn't have the chance to E mail then (hence the Email now). So we played football on the Beach, played basketball, and I had my 1st encounter with Ultimate Frisbee since I was in Arizona! It felt so good! After, we went to a Bath house and then watched "Robots" and had pizza. It was a lot of fun, but I am feeling pretty sore from all that activity.

So so so, this holiday season kinda destroyed the typical weekend, and our procelyting time was really minimized. :-( Thanks for all the updates! Well as far as the language goes, I am still not very comfortable. But I am still trying. It really helps when I shut out English and only speak Korean. But sometimes it's hard. But I need it. Pray for me to be better at the language and to keep studying hard.

Sounds like BYU will do pretty well in football this year! Thank you Caleb for the updates and pictures! Looks like you're having a lot of fun at BYU! Love you all! Sorry I can't respond back to everything as in depth as I want to.

Till next week! Elder Shumway

No comments: