Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hey Hey
Thanks for the letters. Last week I tried to something a little tricky. I tried typing two letters. one to Caleb and one to the Family. But I realized that took a little too much time. So even though I would like to write on a more individual basis, I am sorry to say that time does not permit it. Thanks for sending me the package. The way they do it is the post office recieves the mail, they then deliver the mail to the mission office daily, and from there the office forwards it to the missionary. And if it is close to transfers, they hold all the mail and forward them after all the tranfers are done. I'll have to ask the mission president about his son. That seems really exciting though! (His son, Ken Jennings was the smartest one on Jeopardy for a long time, and he recently participated on "are you smarter than a 5th Grader?" and earned 1/2 million dollars)
So if you want the news, tranfers are in and I am still staying in yeoung-Do. Elder Heubsch is leaving to another area. I have a new companion, Elder Sprosty. He seems really cool. He is a new senior so his experience in Yeoung-Do should be really good. This transfer looks really promising though. As for investigators, just keep praying for the ones you have. And pray for us as missionaries to find some really prepared people to teach.
I am sorry to hear all these deaths and bad health problems in the family. But I am happy for Neal (Stanfield) and whoever he's marrying.
Oh man! General Conference was awesome! I think you enjoy it more as a missionary. I think you are just more spiritual minded during this time. But it was really good. I felt, for lack of a better word, filled. I missed the Sunday afternoon session though. We watched it in English and after the morning session we booked it down to our little island, expecting to see it in Korean with our members, but they ended up not showing it there. I was a bit dissappointed. But was I saw was really uplifting.
The other day, we met this guy on the street that just started talking to us in pretty good English. We stopped and he bought us ice cream. He was really cool and was really into Boy Scouts. He got the Tiger (the equivilant of The Eagle) and told us to come by and have lunch with him sometime. On Saturday, just before conference, we went early to a hospital with the branch president, his councelor, and an inactive. We went to see the inactive's friend and her severly handicapped teenager. He looked like he was in really critical condition. Both of them were crying, but we gave a bleesing. I anointed and My companion blessed. He blessed him that he would fully recover.
Anyway we gotta go.
There are other people 3that nee2d the 8compu9t62er.
I will talk to\ you later.
*L*o*ve* you*!****/*-+Elder -*S/humway
PS- I wan/t* /t*o/ */*t/a*/k*e /*o/u*t/ */*so/m*e /m*o/r*e /*mo/*/n*e/y* /*f/r*o/m */*m/y* /*ca/*r/*d/*./ */*/I* /*/*/*/h*op/*e that's alright. Maybe like 100 do/l*a/r*/s*. Love Ruddy. Sorry that was another Elder with all the numbers and the dashes. They are getting pretty anxious. :-)
Love you all!
Respond back to the money question ASAP!
Thanks!

No comments: