Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Flight Plans!!! Time is Almost Up!


This Last Thursday was one exciting day!We didn't expect flight plans until Friday, but they came a day early! This event marked the start of the end of our stay here at the MTC. It was a sign that Time was still in motion and that we would soon be out of the MTC and in Korea! Yes, it was an epic day!Yes... This also means that I will have a chance to call home at the airport. I tried to give Caleb my flight plans but the transaction never fell through. So now I have a copy of my plans right in front of me and any minute now, I will tell you when I can call....
My visit with Caleb was really awesome! I was anticipating some fat guy to come waddling in and claiming he was my brother. I think if that would have been the case, I would have spent the few minutes we had together taking fingerprints and asking really hard interigation questions. But to my surprise and delight, Caleb was not 45 lbs overweight as the letters claimed to be. But we had a nice chat.... We pulled out the punpkin juice and had a toast or too to the king of England... Shmashing reunion! Jus' Shmashing!....
So you wanted an update on the laguage, well here it is:We taught the first discussion for the last time on Saturday and it went really well, It was probably our best one so far! We teach the Second lesson this week, so we'll see how that goes... Since Saturday night, I am speaking only Korean. This was supposed to be a District goal, But my companion and roommates have resorted back to English. So that is kindof a letdown. But for the most part it is going good. I, for the most part, (if given time) can say what I need to say in Korean, but understanding is not up to par. My companion is kind of opposite. He can understand really well but has a tougher time saying what he wants to. So I guess that makes us a pretty good team!
Oh! Flight plans!....So I leave Salt Lake at 9:40 Utah time, but I will have some time before to call. ( I think we are at the airport for a couple hours) And then we get to LA at 10:38 LA time. we have another 2 hours at that airport. Ind then we fly to Korea at 12:30 LA time and get to Korea at 5:15 Korea Time. I will send my plans in the mail today. Just be ready at these times so I can call when I can.

Love you all,
Elder Shumway

1 comment:

Carolyn Howell said...

Ok, ok. I am about a month behind on reading the blog. But at least I comment so you know I've been here. It is exciting and fun to learn about my favorite Shumway boys. Does this mark the end of the "Called to Serve" blog? Love you guys. Welcome home Caleb and go forward with faith to Korea LeGrand! xoxo