Tuesday, April 8, 2008

New Missionaries!


We finally have new blood in the Korean zone. After the older group took off a couple weeks ago, we were fealing a bit lonely and our floor was unpleasantly quieter. But this week, new Korean speakers came in. Koreans come in almost every 6 weeks and they always come in a group. Unfortunately, this group only had 4 Elders and one Sister. So their presence didn't make too much of a difference. But we are happy they could join us nonetheless! The next group comes in about a week after we leave and thet group is about 32 missionaries! Alright... Yesterday was the first gym that I didn't do any running. I got caught up in a great game of volleyball.
I think I have gained about 4 pounds in the MTC so it's not looking good. Most of my gym time is trying to stay fit. But the Missionary's schedule is not anywhere near as active as I would be if I wasn't a missionary. I am really excited for Caleb! And I am excited when You guys can come up so I can see him!
Well, I'm glad you liked my Korean "translation guide". But as I said before, dont rely on it for too much. for the most part it holds true. But there is almost always at least one sound change in almost everword. So dont think you are now "certified" or anything in Korean writings. I've been here for 7 weeks and am still learning new rules! I'm glad you got the memory card. Once you upload them to the computer, send that one back and I'll send you a new card. I envy the time you have to spend with G and G Creek! And I am excited for Joey!......
The talk given by W. Douglas Shumway was pretty good! It wasn't really based on one particular topic. It was mostly just a bunch of quotes and insight on a lot of stuff. It snowed again up here! I was pretty excited! It looked really amazing! I took some cool pictures (as always :-) !) Oh... As for packages, just send 'em when they are convenient. Any missionary would like to recieve as many packages as people would care to send him. But I realize that what will come will come. Thanks for your packages! Send them when you can! Fill them with anything you want. I really dont care. Maybe mints, They dont let us chew gum.
Love you all,
Elder Shumway

No comments: