Wednesday, March 26, 2008

First Discussion in Korean

Hello out there!Sorry, I dont feel like opening this one with anything exciting. But what is exciting is that Just this last week I've gotten really excited about Korea and preaching the Gospel there! Before it was just like, "Ill deal with that step when I get to it". But now it's like, "Send me over there!" All we do in the MTC is in preperation for the next two years.

Oh... It looks like I have almost a month left in Provo. But Im sure that those of you who are keeping a tally already knew that as well. I was really hoping that they would do an MTC choir for General Conference. And they are!!! HaHa just kidding. No choir this time. But Choir here is great nonetheless! My fist week in the choir we sang "Come Thou Font" like the arrangement that the Mormon Tabernacle Choir does. That one has been my favorite so far. But I've been going ever since. Tuesdays are thus pretty hectic since we go to the temple and then, right after, go to choir and then right after, have dinner, then right after that, have a devotional by someone from the 70 or Maybe a member of the quorum of the 12.

My new mission president is a guy by the last name of "Jennings". Apparently, his son won a couple million on Jepardy a while back. You might have heard of him. Everyone up here has. They say that the only people who could beat him were his parents, so it looks like my new mission president of Busan, Korea is a bright lad!

Yes, I got the Easter package you sent me. My roomies really apreciated the cookies. Thank you for the egg hunt. I think I will need to just hide them around our room, however. I just don't think the schedule has time for a full out treasure hunt. Oh! Speaking of treasure, I finally found the treasure of "Nimrod". But it was a lousy treasure anyway. Not worth the time.

The first lesson in Korean was alright. It was really slow, but me and my companion stumbled through it nonetheless. This week we give it once more. It should go better. :-)

Love you all!
Elder Shumway

1 comment:

Carolyn Howell said...

Thank you for continuing to post on your blog. Whenever I check it I review the entries I may have missed. Thanks again! We love hearing about your time at the MTC because we love you. You are amazing and steadfast. What a blessing you are to your family and friends. XOXO