Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Life in the MTC

Yesterday, I finally saw my fellow comrad, Elder Larry Ethan "Superman" Milton! It was pretty exciting! He reminded me that he gets out in a couple weeks, and I get out in like 9. Thats a long time to be in the MTC. They have a clever saying here: "the weeks go by days and the days go by weeks." Days are long, thats for sure. I sit in class almost all day everyday. I count down the hours until I can crawl back into bed. When the day is finally over and I can retreat to my bed in my room, only to wake up really crankily and start the next day.All of these days kinda mash into one. Every day is almost the same as the one preceding it. But before you know it, P-day is almost here.
And so, here it is, right now... And I am sitting in the computer room typing out this letter, knowing perfectly well that what I want to say is too much for my "hunt N Peck" typing technique is able to handle. So rather than try, I like to add a little variety and have fun with my letters. I like to ramble off and take a while to actually say anything about my week. This, as you might have guessed, is what I am doing right now.
And with half of my time wasted, I think it is time for me to cram some of my week into the rest of my letter...
The Week:
Hi,Well this week was really great! Thank you for your letters! They were great!
Yes, Sundays are really awesome days and the Devotionals can be really amazing! So far it has only been members of the 70 and an MTC branch president that have spoken to us, but that have been really good and uplifting!We go to the temple every P-Day and I think I look forward to that the most. I will mail you a copy of my schedule.
I think I am beginning to see the difficuly in Korean. I can not seem to memorize very quickly at all. The goal is to memorize at least 25 words every day, and I am lucky if I can get even 10. Things just aren't clicking as fast for me as they have been for others.
oh well...The food is still pretty good. I think they try to make us fat, but if I watch my weight, I will do OK. Gym is really cool! I start off with running a couple miles at the beginning and that really makes me feel good the rest of the day!
One of our sister missionaries was choking the other day and an Elder had to do the Heimlich Maneuver! That was kinda cool to see!
Love ya

1 comment:

Carolyn Howell said...

Hi LeGrand, We love hearing about your mission experiences. We really enjoyed our week at the MTC, so we can relate to the great food and observing a few foursquare games. Hope you win the war! We love you. (hi Cecile)