Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Hidden Treasures


HELLO out there!
This is Elder Shumway speaking....Alright, before I begin, I want to clear up some important matters... It seems as if some of you have been mighty skeptical about my ability to read Korean after the first day. You would be.... wrong. You see, the Korean alphabet is amazingly simple. It is composed of only about 30 or so characters. Each part of a word is made up of only one vowel and at least 1 consenant. So yes, I can now read and write Korean! As slow as I might be, I can do it. And I dont need notes to do it either. Right now, they consider us to be on week three. And instead of Korean being a 10- week program as I first thought, It is a 12- weeker by MTC standards. So yes, I am here just as long as any other person here ( Japanese and Chinese included). Apparently, the experts here consider Finnish to be the toughest to learn and they keep telling us that Korean is second hardest. (I dont think that is right. It seems easy enough so far). Who knows?
The Sunday devotionals here are amazing as well as the Tuesday Devos! I feel like Indiana Jones here or Nickolas Cage! The group before us, hid a junk-load of treasure everywhere! and they left maps to all of it! I am working on a treasure map now. I still haven't found the treasure itself but I am hot on the case! It is pretty Exciting I must admit. The Pirate goes by the name "Nimrod" (his real name was Elder DeCamp) and so far he has blessed our residence hall with many gifts and footballs! I will write some more in a letter and mail it today along with some pictures. I don't think this letter made much sense to you anyway. HaHa. But the next should clarify.
Love ya, Elder Shumway

1 comment:

Jami said...

hey... i like that you put his letters on here. they make me laugh. what an awesome boy you have.