Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Japan Declares War!

(radio crackle)......
This just in...
Japan declared war on Korean on the seventh of March, 2008.........
in foursquare...
(radio crackle)
Yes, As of only a few days ago, Korea is officially at "war" with the Japanese.
Let me give you some background information...
First off, No one plays foursquare except those who cant play anything else well. So if you can imagine a group of kids who are not coordinated enough to play the regular sports (basketball, Volleyball, running, or even Jump rope)... those are the people one the foursquare court. (no offense to anyone that likes foursquare. That is just the way things go in the MTC.) For some reason, all of the Koreans are pretty cool kids. The Elders speaking Japanese however, have a dozen or so of "foursquare kids".
Alright, so anyway, a couple Koreans decided to try and play one time during gym and they dominated the court...
So the Japanese declared war...
in foursquare...
As lame as that sounds, that is the peak of excitement in the MTC. You might imagine that not too much happens out of the ordinary here, so when something like "war in foursquare" is declared, people get excited.

Alright

The

more

spaces

I

Put,

The

longer

the

letter

is.

I have a measly 13 minutes left and I dont know what to talk about...
Oh, Korean is getting a bit better! Thank you for your prayers on my behalf! But by no means, should you give up now... I am getting a lot better at managing my MDT (Missionary Directed Time) and because I can manage it better, I can study more.
Ethan is almost out, that lucky dog. I saw him once more at a breakfast and we talked for a little bit. And although I am not ready, I sort of want to leave for Korea already. I dont like to sit for a while in one spot, and Although the MTC is really great and uplifting, It is very repetative. The food is good, but fattening. They do everything to their food to make it taste good. I dont really think they put a lot of effort into it being healthy. So the sooner I can leave this food, the better. I really like Korean! it is a really fun language to learn! I would write more, but I am almost out of time. Plus, when I am under pressure, and there is a countdown flashing at the top of the screen, I cant remember all the questions I need to answer and all the details I want to include. I will reread some letters and send a regular letter today.

I love you all,
Elder Shumway

I still have
thirty seconds left.........................................,..................................................................

No comments: