Sunday, February 1, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALEB!!!

Hi family And HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALEB !!!(...oh I wish you had a nickname...)Well thank you family for all of your support and your advice on working with the members. I think missionary work, like big families, has a lot of inertia ;-) Especially in member work. The Korea Busan mission has had a lot of things happen in the past that was exciting but definately not longterm. There are a lot of inactives and I think the members have kindof felt a little dissappointment in that. I think some feel that they as a ward and church in Korea are not capable of some real steady and permanant growth. If that makes any sense... They have seen most of the converts brought in by missionaries turn inactive. There were a lot of people who joined because of the wrong reasons. I dont mean to speak badly of the past, but there were some things that needed to be changed. An the mission president now is trying to change some of them. I think it is helping... a lot... Anyway, the point is I think a lot of the members and their view of the work has lost a lot of that energy. We need to get it rolling again. And it will happen slowly, over time. we're working on it.THank you for the advice. It really helped! :-) I've been thinking a lot on the work and especially about how to do it better. I think a lot and I think I get a little stressed out. I got a twitch in my eye from stress ever since I turned senior. Haha. Funny huh? Like I think its good that I keep thinking about how to do better, but sometimes I think it gets in the way and becomes a problem. If you have any advice...So how's football? I am actually a little eager to know how they do...Jordan's on tennis!? That's really sweet! I wanted to do tennis when I was a lad, but my knees were too thick and my bum waddled when I ran. Haha. That made no sense. yeah, I wanted to do it but never tried. That sounds like fun. I am actually going ice skating today. It is still cold. The rivers are thawing nicely though and it is starting to warm up. Sounds like You are all doing good down there. Even Caleb ;-) Haha Dont sweat it Bro! I wrote a letter to you and one to Tayva. I will try to send it off soon. Well thanks for your love and support. Never forget the golden rule. :-)Haha Love you all! I will probably send you some pictures soon. The work is good . We are talking to a lot of cool people. Oh... Jackie!!! One more ting!... Do you think you can pray for a member in our ward? Cheong-meen- Cheol. He is like 29, real cool guy but is getting a little disappointed because he is still single. Getting married within the church is really important but in Korea it is a lot more difficult. So just keep him in your prayers. He asked us to pray for him...Thank you! love you! And In case I dont see you, "Good Afternoon, Good Evening, and Goodnight"-Elder Shumway

No comments: